Re: SV: Samplers 101

<< I believe the Akai's have larger
 displays, and yes, you can do everything from the front panels. >>

Speaking only for my Akai, the MPC 2000, yeah, it has a pretty large
display,
and you can do a surprising amount of processing to the sample visually
(i.e.
looking at the wave form, rather than going strictly by ear).

Does anybody have any particular opinions on the MPC 2000? I really love
mine,
and find it extremely easy to use, but I've heard non-specific negative
rumblings from others about them. (on the order of "oh, you went with the
Akai? that's too bad", without going into any reasons).

- Bill
Crossedout@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/crossedout/index.htm