Re: jamman schematic and Boomerang vs. BOSS delay?

At 01:40 PM 5/1/98 -0700, Mike Biffle wrote:
>>the Boss DD-5 digital delay
>>A\D conversion.....16 bit linear, 64x oversampling
>>D\A conversion.....16 bit linear
>>sampling frequency.....32khz
>>Daniel
>
>Which is roughly the same as the JamMan...

...except for the oversampling part. I think jamman actually has discrete
A/D and D/A, which is sort of amazing. Which reminds me: some time back,
Greg Hogan sent me service manuals for both the JamMan and Vortex so that
they can be included on the Looper's Delight pages. I haven't had time to
scan them or do anything about it. Do any of you jamman/vortex users have a
decent scanner and feel motivated about doing this? The manuals include
schematics, explanations of the onboard hardware tests, bringup and repair
guides, etc., and would probably be a nice thing to have out in the public
domain. Volunteers?

kim
Kim Flint                      408-752-9284
Mpact System Engineering       kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research             http://www.chromatic.com