Re: Fruit Loops

At 17.30 08/05/98 +0800, you wrote:
>Has anybody tried a drummachine software program called "Fruit Loops"?
>It's
>kinda like "Hammerhead". BTW, when is the new version of Hammerhead coming
>out anyway?
>
>C H R I S

Talking about drum loops and drum&bass, I've found that's possible to
recreate that rhythmic things without using a sampler. You can do all the
breakbeats editing and arranging on an audio seq. with really good results.
I'm using Cubase VST to build my drum loops and editing my Stick parts and
looping.
The key for that Roni Size sound is not in sampling the single piece of the
drum kit (as you normally do writing midi drum patterns)  but using parts
of
a whole sampled groove. You cut the bar in quarters or eights and then
reorder the fragments in a new way. Try this method.

I find the mix of live looping and jungle really interesting. Who's with
me?
I'd like to mention the music samples of Andre La Fosse on his web page as
really good example to listen if you like this kind of music.

ciao
leo