EDP Feedback pedals...

Dave:

I suspect that your question/problem with the EDP Feedback control is
primarily about understanding what is happening when you are moving the
pedal (I use pretty much the same set up but with the Digitech PMC-10
device for generating the MIDI continuous control for Feedback).  When you
move the pedal you are controlling the level of the looped material being
returned to the  to the EDP's memory, so you don't hear the change at that
point, you hear the level drop when that point in the loop comes around
again.  Unless you move the pedal real slow, like a fader on a console, you
are going to hear the adjustment as rather abrupt.  While its a bit
frustrating to not be able to hear the effect of your moves until somewhat
later, with practice, its not hard to get the feel of what kind of fade is
necessary in order to have a "fade out" at the rate you desire.  One
strategy I use on my PMC-10 ( I don't know if its possible on the Ground
Control) is to have different pedal settings on the floor, i.e. one in
which the full pedal movement sends MIDI CC values limited to a range of
110-127, which would generally be a slow fade (depending upon how long the
loop is in time), another in which the CC values range from 0-127
(essentially an on-off switch) and others for whatever rate I  need for a
specific part of a piece.  Of course you may have a faulty foot pedal but
since I experienced the same question as you when first working with the
unit, try the above.

I think you are right about the loop being gone when it has fades away as a
result of a feedback level not set to full/127.  However another option
would be to fade your loop out with MIDI Volume, i.e. simply control the
output level of the whole unit.  That way the loop would still be fully in
memory.  OF course, depending upon your particular needs, that may or may
not be possible.  And yes your other option could be to copy the loop (if
you have enough memory).

Paul Dresher