questions re EDP and JamMan from a new loop person

<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 face="Comic Sans MS">Well, I'm very new on this
list,
and have been tried to follow what's going on (strange stuff lately). I've
been
playing drums for 30 years, and also mess with a little keyboards too.
Anyway,
I'm wondering about this Echoplex Digital Pro that you're all talking
about. I'd
like to know more about what it's capable of doing. My local store has one
(packed away in the stockroom somewhere, not set up for me to check out)
and I
believe they're asking like $800. for it. What's the usual selling price.
Also,
why are they supposed to be hard to get, and what is the current
financial/operational status of OBie. I do own a Matrix-1000. I also have
an
Ensoniq ASRX sampling workstation (new for me) that I create loops on at
the
moment, and I'm wondering about what kind of wonderful things I could be
doing
with this gear if I added and Echoplex, or perhaps a JamMan (is that piece
still
available). Can anyone tell me, are they essentially the same thing (or
how are
they different) and again, I'm wondering exactly what they do (is it
infinite
looping?), is it mainly a live performance tool, or more of a studio
piece, do
you have to buy the foot pedal too (and what does it do - what does it
cost).
Thanks all for sharing your knowledge with this new loop
enthusiast.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 face="Comic Sans MS"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 face="Comic Sans MS">Bill Cummings<BR><A
href="mailto:drums@myself.com">drums@myself.com</A><BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>