Re: feedback idea

At 01:29 PM 6/5/98 -0500, T.W. Hartnett wrote:

>I was thinking about features I'd like to see in new loopers, and I'd
>like to have the option to set precisely how many repeats I get before
>the signal vanishes completely.  For instance, I'd love to have precisely
>two repeats at almost full level, as opposed to the traditional feedback
>implementation where they gradually die off to simulate a real-world echo.

Essentially a multi-tap looper? I think that's a pretty good idea,
actually.
Probably not even that hard to implement. I can also imagine a lot of
interactive control possibilities for it, like moving the tap points in
real-time, controlling level and pan sepeartely for each tap, having
effects
applied to each tap individually....could be interesting.

kim
Kim Flint, MTS                 408-752-9284
Chromatic Research             kflint@chromatic.com
http://www.chromatic.com