Embarassing Equipment

We frequently talk about (or more accurately, lust about) cool looping or
signal processing equipment, instruments and amplifiers.

At other times, we criticize poorly designed equipment that either doesn't
do what it was advertised to do, or breaks down too often.

However, we've never discussed equipment that does its job just fine, but
embarasses us because of it brand name.  Perhaps we use it frequently, but
place a piece of duct tape over the manufacturer's name because it's not
cool with other musicians.

Any thoughts (especially considering looping devices that are currently
available or out of production)?

Thanks,
Mark Kata
Mark@asisoftware.com