One-of-a-Kind Musik Artifakts

Last night I got this crazy idea.  You know how Eric Dolphy said, "music -
once it's out there, it's gone forever" or something like that ("Last
Date").  Well of course you can record it and put it out anybody who looks
for it can hear it.   Well I got this crazy (sure to be regrettable) idea
which goes like this:

If you send me a small donation to cover the cost of a tape and postage (in
fact $5) I will record a free improvisation on that tape (at least 30
minutes I'm hoping) and send that tape to you, and ONLY you.  There will be
NO OTHER EXISTING copies of said musical performance.  You will own a
bonafide musical artifact which no one but you can hear.  I won't even have
a copy myself.

Now I wish my name were EVAN PARKER (for you phiba mates) or ROBERT FRIPP
(for you looper dudes) since that would be really cool.  However I'm just
ed chang.  Nonetheless, if anybody participates in this scheme I think it
could be fun at least as an exercise in conceptual art.

(oh yeah, one other person who did something a little like this was Derek
Bailey when he was putting out the Incus Tapes.  These tapes were a release
on his label of his solo guitar improvisations.  The neat thing was that he
only dubbed a copy off when an order came in.  And the tapes he did send
off were reel to reels!  Of couse this didn't last long...)

Anyways,
here's me addy:
Ed Chang/Quodlibet Recordings
POB 317 NY  NY  10009

(BTW I play guitar, sax, clarinet, electronics, prepared sound sources,
tape-wreckage, turntables, voice, and I've been known to kick dirt into
microphones as well.  I'm not taking requests, tho. sorry...)