Re: SP-808

I'm interested in this product too.

Aint this doohickey the sequel to the sp202 ???

If I recall its supposed to be like a 4-trak except that everything is
backed up to an external zip drive or somethin. I also read it on the
roland web site that the 808 does the same things as the 202 but it has
a dimension beam thingey like the mc505 to control the flow of tempo
with hand motions.

I havent had the time to ck the sp808 out face to face but im curious as
to just what the quality of the samplin be.

I know that the reproduction of sound on the sp202 is ok but not
anywhere near to crystal clear. Thats good and bad depending on how ur
about your sound. I'm extremely anal bout crystal clear unless gritt is
called for.

Personally, I like the idea of being able to save stuff and sync beats
and stuff. Its just that I'm always cautious about the "Hype" a
manufacturer places behind their products. Next to bringin out ya entire
rig to a Music store, ya never know til ya have it in yer hands how a
chumpy will work for you.

The price on a 202 beats an echoplex and jamman's but Im not certain if
the 202 or 808 ( which is priced significantly higher than the 202 ) is
somthin ya want or could easilly integrate into ya rig.

I'd be delighted to hear from the others who have and use these products
or know the low down on what they can or cant do well.

Regards,
JP