Re: Re: Creamware Scope - computer based looping?

> Yeah, Scope looks like the future...until you see the price ($6,500 is a
>LOW
> estimate, based on what I've seen in recent press releases), and then
>realize
> that this is really just the next generation of Symbolic Sound's $4500
> Kyma--which can also do whatever you want with sound, all at the same
>time,
> and has a long development history and helpful user base--(Scope uses
>the new
> SHARC dsp chip, instead of the old Motorola workhorse that Kyma uses),
>but the
> price is going UP!

Besides switching to faster DSPs, I'd like to see the Kyma offer an
external controller like SCOPE's.  The touch-sensitive screen and 20 knobs
together form a much more comfortable,immediate interface than just the
standard mouse-and-windows thing. :)

Cheers,
Paolo