Re: Re: Re: Is the new EDP more than just a software update?

In a message dated 7/3/98 7:36:48 PM, somebody wrote to the list:

> Kim recently posted about the new low-heat power supply. Does any one
>know
> how to obtain this or how you would upgrade to it. I have an older EDP
>and
it
> gets almost to hot to touch if left on for any long period of time. I
>would
really
> like to be able to upgrade.

Ditto: my EDPs get a little warm too after playing for just a couple of
hours
(especially during the summer months) and begin to act a bit strange. If
there's a solution to this problem I'd like to hear more about it.

BTW--I already have plenty of empty space around the units themselves in
the
rack. I don't seem to have this problem in the dead of winter (or if I
REALLY
crank the air conditioning up at other times).

T.Killian