Re: Klein Electric Questions--no loop content

At 8:13 AM -0700 7/11/98, TritoneDW@aol.com wrote:
>Since there are so many Klein owners on this list, and since the folks at
>Klein aren't answering my e-mail (no doubt because of the NAMM show),

most likely....make sure you're using the right email address:
klein@genesisnetwork.net. Right now they would be at NAMM though. If you
could get to Nashville by tomorrow, you could discuss with them in person.
:-)

It's probably better to just call them directly and talk about it when they
get back...Lorenzo is a very friendly guy. The number is: (925) 516-9338

>thought I would ask if anyone knows how open they are to doing custom
>work.
>Specifically, i want a Klein with a wider, fatter neck, with wider string
>spacing, more like a classical guitar neck.
>
>I know they've done weird custom stuff like Hedges' harp guitar, but will
>they
>do that kind of thing for those of us who aren't famous? If we're not
>famous,
>will it cost $10,000?

They are very willing to do customizations. I had a lot of custom stuff
done on mine. In fact, probably every Klein electric ends up being a custom
guitar to some extent. It's a very personalized sort of thing, which is
quite a treat for buying an electric guitar.

I don't know about wider string spacing, since that might take modifying
the steinberger bridges. If anybody could do that though, it would be
Lorenzo. Talk to him and find out. When I was up there recently, I was
playing an experimental guitar where he had customized a Steinberger S-trem
bridge to have piezo pickups built into the bridge saddles. I think he
worked with RMC on that one...it sounded great.

you don't have to be famous to get special goodies, but it might cost
extra. Much less than $10,000 though! Considering the quality of work you
get, Klein Electrics seem pretty cheap to me.

kim