Re: Computers **(MSP)**

> At Looper's Delight, we're most interested in MAX's real-time recording
>and
> sample-playback capabilities.  I don't quite know where to start, but I
> could EASILY replace my echoplex DP with a very simple MSP patch.  In

The problem that I see with computer based looping, effects, synthesis,
etc. is still the logistics of taking your instrument to a gig.  I
personally
would be very reluctant to take my computer and 17 inch monitor to a gig.
I don't think it would be a road-worthy setup and its too bulky.

This is where a hardware-based looper such as the Echoplex is still
superior.  It fits nicely in a rack and you don't have to bring a
bulky CRT monitor to view your settings, etc.

Cheers,
Paolo