Re: Boomerang

scott kungha drengsen wrote:

> Yes,the length of the loop is set with the 1st "recording".After that
> the number of bars is set to that length.So I can't have 4,8, and 24
> bar(for example)loops going at the same time.And,I'm starting to think
> this way...

Hi Scott,
  Sure you can. Record the 24 bar part first, then lay down the 8 bar
and finally the 4 bar. Or record the 4 bar part 6 times as the basic
loop, then add the other parts. I do this sort of thing all the time.
  Something related that's really cool is to choose two time signatures
and record two loops, one in each time. The only trick is that the loops
must have the same number of beats. For example record 5 measures of a
4/4 lick (one measure long lick); then stack on 4 measures of  a 5/4
lick (again a one measure long lick). The polyrythmn effect is cool. 3
measures of 4/4 and 4 measures of 3/4, 7 measures of 3/8 with 3 measures
of 7/8, etc.

Motley a.k.a Mike Nelson, owner

Boomerang Musical Products
PO Box 541595
Dallas, TX 75354-1595

Tel       800-530-4699 (outside USA, 214-340-6913)
Fax       214-343-1038
email     mnelson@dmans.com
web page  http://www.boomerangmusic.com