Re: Boomerang vs Echoplex

At 07:56 PM 7/24/98 +0200, you wrote:
>As you all addicted to the Jamman and creating the soundworld with cycles
>of electronic and acoustic elements, I would like to know more specifics
>on
>the Echoplex and Boomerang.

If you check the Looper's Delight web site, you will find a lot more info
on
both of these. It's in the Tools of the Trade section:

http://www.annihilist.com/loop/tools/tools.html

You will also find links to their manufacturer's web pages. (Echoplex
Digital Pro is made by Oberheim, Boomerang is made by Boomerang Musical
Products.)

>Can anybody fill me in by which companies they're being made, are they
>19",
>price and are they available in Europe with the adjustment of the power
>supply ?

Echoplex is a 19" 1-space rack, and has a footpedal that goes with it if
you
want, or can be controlled by midi. Boomerang is a footpedal. I don't know
exactly the Boomerang's power supply situation, but the Echoplex has an
internal supply with a switch on the back to convert between 110V/220V.
Should work fine anywhere in the world. (I designed the power supply for
that purpose. :-) )

I think Echoplex is still a little hard to get in europe, but quite a few
manage anyway. Oberheim has said that they will have them shipping
regularly
there by september. I don't know what the price is there. In the US it is
around $700 usually. (is that right? haven't checked in a while...)

kim
Kim Flint, MTS                     kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research                 408-752-9284
http://www.chromatic.com