Re: Roland Guitar Synth alert

> From: David Talento <legion@voicenet.com>
> To: Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com
> Subject: Re: Roland Guitar Synth alert

> the only other guitar I've found that tracks well (not *great* but well)
> is the casio MG series (i have the MG510) which again has a built in
> pickup (in this case with a midi out built right in the guitar). Anyone
> else use one of these?

oh, they are just the BEST!! i love mine and would eat a mile of shit to
get to another one....

OK, maybe not, but they are spectacular. and i constantly use it as a good
ol analog GUITAR - because it's a very well made strat copy - made by the
Ibanez folks, i believe, so - "just " as an axe it rules.. but - tracks
like a dream, great dynamics response. you ARE one-with-the-synth with this
one. WHy, oh WHy did they discontinue??? I guess for the same reason they
disco'd the casio cz 101 and all those... by giant company Casio's terms,
these devices sold shit!!! even though in the synth world they broke
records, esp. the CZ 101.. selling record amounts by far of any synth when
it was out...

but for all that - i'm not a "tracking-whiner" a guitar synth is NOT a
guitar, and it plays like it plays, so, though i challenge the anti-midi
screechers to try one o'these, I see no problem with the GK/Roland stuff or
the Axon or anything else. It is what it is....Remember, a classical
guitarist will often sneer at the concept of "amplification" - seeing it as
a murdering of the pureness of what guitar should be...so let's not get too
precious....