[Fwd: Roland Guitar Synth alert]

Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 08:35:19 -0700
From: Roland Eberle <eb@jps.net>
To: andre@monmouth.com
CC: Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com
Subject: Re: Roland Guitar Synth alert

No need to eat a mile of s*** Andre...I have an MG-500 (trapazoidal
teardrop
shaped midi guitar) for sale with a case
for a mere $350...you are correct when saying it is a fine guitar just as a
guitar...hum single single pickups (made by EMG) vintage style
trem, coil tap for the humbucker...sounds great..not just good or ok...
this is a great sounding guitar just as a guitar...add in the fact that
this is
a VERY sophisticated midi controller with beaucoup functions and the fact
that
IT TRACKS AS WELL AS THE ROLAND STUFF (I've had both...pitch to midi can
only
track so fast..your stuck with the delay with any device) and the BIG (huge
actually) bonus is that you can use it with ANY midi sound source ( I use
an
EMU Proteus module that I picked up for $150) not just the overpriced
underperforming Roland GR stuff.
The MG and PG (PG series had built in synth on board..not just the
controller)
were built by the Fuji Gen Gakki company for Casio and
Ibanez (guitars were identical except for the name on the headstock)
Quality components and workmanship throughout.
Jpegs available...I have 2 of these and don't need both so...email me if
interested (not to the list please go private to eb@jps.net)