Re: my future looping....

I certainly agree with what your both saying and often practice that
approach.  However, I still think it's valid to understand the process
that others use.  Isn't that part of what this list is about.  It's not
my intention to try to mimic the sounds I'm hearing but to use every
trick and tool available to me to create something that allows me to
advance my own playing.  The approach used on the piece I was referring
to is of particular interest given that the loop is under 4 seconds (the
limit of my delay).  The other interesting aspect is that one person was
playing an instrument (could have been any sound source) while the other
person was playing with the signal.  I believe that results in an
interesting dynamic that I don't recall being discussed much on this
list.  Most of us talk about looping our own signal (whether it be a
sample or an instrument)and tweaking the loop.

I know that many of you loop in group settings.  Do you loop output from
other band members with/without your own.  If so, do you take these
loops in terms of measures or random snathches of sound to fly back into
what your doing.

I'm not asking to be shown how to do this but rather to stir the
cauldron and see what comes up.  It beats trying to figure out if Phish
is more original than Zappa ;)