Re: Software vs Hardware on Stage

> only see using it for composition, since (and I know some will be pissed
>at
> this) when you're playing a MIDI sequence, you're NOT performing, just
> playing a previously-recorded sequence.  I think people are becoming

I'm not pissed, actually. :)

Just wanted to point out that if you are actually doing something live,
in realtime, with the MIDI sequence as it plays, then to me that would
count as a performance.    For example, you futz with the filter cutoff
frequency, pitch bend, and LFO speed on the synth while the sequence is
playing it.  Or you hook up a processor to the synth's output and introduce
delays, flange, etc. and manipulate the effect(s) on the synth as the
sequence does its thing.

Cheers,
Paolo