RE: average loop music CD price

In order to make something, you must sell your product with a profit.
Assuming that the raw cost of making copies is $2, plus to cover the
expense
of studio time, mastering, etc., let's say it is $2.  Since you want to
make
a profit, you would normally charge twice what it cost you.  This used to
be
standard, but is being eroded in the equipment manufacturing industry, but
not the software industry.  That makes it $6 to the retailer, who also
wants
to mark up 100 per cent to cover his overhead.  Now you have $12 at retail,
assuming everybody gets "fair" markup.

> I can understand there is a higher set of operating costs involved in
> exporting your work to another country, but is there still a reason to
>put
> base price of $12 on something that costs less than $2 to manufacture?

The manufacturing costs aren't very high, but I also spent substantial
amounts
for the studios who helped getting my tracks into shape.

*       michael peters          mpeters@csi.com
*       "escape veloopity"      electronic guitar loop music