Re: AW: average loop music CD price

<<
 The manufacturing costs aren't very high, but I also spent substantial
amounts
 for the studios who helped getting my tracks into shape.

True, true - but the reason Warner Brothers prices a cd at $14 is not
because
they spent x amount of dollars on the production of that cd, or recording
that
cd - it's because they have so many salaries and so many huge contracts
with
big artists that all the other artists have to subsidise.

We could go round and round - personally, when I get my cd together, I am
going to price it more along the lines of $5 or less, so that more people
are
likely to pick it up. This is very similar to a discussion I once heard
about
bands touring and selling t-shirts - you will sell a lot more shirts for $5
then for $15 - and every shirt is free advertising. Well, assuming you make
good music, more people will pay $5 than $15 for a cd, and if they like it,
they will tell people about it.

And how much did studio time cost you? How many discs are you going to
press?

- Bill
Crossedout@aol.com