CDs

I think that $10 is cool for the independently produced CD. I think that it
can offest your costs, enable you to use some for promotional copies (i.e.,
radio, print crits, etc. - - I know that this means that the consumer has
help you defray these costs, but they may not know that you exist unless
you
do this sort of thing), and hopefully enable you produce another CD.

$10 is also an easier amount . . . no change involved, can be put together
with one or two bills mosre often than not. I often give discounts if
people
by all three of my band's CDs. ($10 each, or $27 or so for the three.)

I also tend to do trades with other like-minded artists . . . sometimes
this
is more satisfying to me . . .

I'm glad that someone mentioned the work put in by the artist . . . this
was
a debate that was on another e-mail list that I participate in . . . we
shouldn't (IMHO) devalue our work, our intellectual property when dealing
with these sorts of things.

stig