Re: CD prices and my whole point

Not to be mean headed but this last post got me thinking a few things.

More overly analytical verbiage from me again.

Ever notice how opinions and subjective thought get turned into arguments
and firm
stances or debatable topics.

Crossedout@aol.com wrote:

> I stand by my arguments ... [snip]

How do opinions become arguments when its just an opinion - no more or no
less -
only a subjective opinion.And this one really throws me.

> Art is in the doing and the enjoyment, either by and for yourself or
>anyone
> else who hears you. Making a living off of it is commerce.

Who says exactly what art is ??? And just why is commerce excluded from
arts
existence or function or impact ??? Making money is an art, ... Living is
an art
... , Cooking is an art ... , Hell even Killing is an art ... just about
anything
you can think of is, can & has been or could be classified as art at some
point in
time.

I know this is a sophmoric sounding question but who really knows what art
is or
perhaps its pointless to "argue" what is art in any context let alone to
even try
to put a definition on it. The more you try to define art the more elusive
it
becomes ... that much seems universally true imho :)  Whenever that
question
arises it seems it has more to do with a personal agenda than what art has
to say
but ya know thats an art in and of itself I suppose :)