Re: new way of using samples in live performance

> Bill Cummings wrote:
>
> I ve also
> >developed a new way of using samples in live performance.Rather than
> using
> >a sequencer ,I am programming varios control schemes using EMU E6400&
> >pc1600 great results last gig!Im blessed to live in a
> city(Louisville)
> >with so many creatiive
> and responsive people.Glad to see more activity on this list!  K LAW
>
>  Could you provide more details on how you're using samples in live
> performance. I'm wondering about the pc1600, and would like to learn
> more.
> Bill Cummings
> drums@myself.com

I would also like to know what you are doing with the PC1600 and your
E-MU. I use my PC1600 to control an Ensoniq ASR-10, JamMan, and Alesis
Quadraverb Plus. So far, I've been using it in studio recording moreso
than live performances. My setup: I've assigned the buttons on the
PC1600 to activate the various tap and fade functions of the JamMan. It
expands the JamMan interface by assigning a button to each function,
e.g. layer, replace, mute, and fade. So, the really nice thing is that I
don't have to switch modes on the fly if I want to layer then replace
then mute. It is a simple yet great enhancement to my JamMan setup.
Meanwhile, the faders are assigned to the Alesis Quadraverb which allows
up to eight continuous controllers. I use this setup to create bizarro
loops which I will sometimes feed into my ASR-10 for additional
tweeking.

Anyone else using the PC-1600 out there?

Sean