RE: Echoplex memory mess... (???)

I'm not saying what the issue was, bad memory or otherwise, I just know
that
my EDP was not in great working condition. I noticed the problem started
after I installed the new memory, then when I switched back, I still had
problems. It could have been a cold solder made worse by flexing the board
when I installed the new memory, I don't know ...

I'm not going to make any judgements until I hear back from Oberheim. My
only complaint is that I've been without my EDP for over month now, which
is
not Oberheim's fault. I mistakenly took it to a "qualified service center"
when I should have shipped it directly to Oberheim to begin with. I have an
e-mail in Mike Ayers and I should hear back soon.

Some typical problems I saw ... when I hit overdub, the EDP would
sporadically switch into multiply mode on it's own, then it would hang.
Sometimes I couldn't get the EDP out of overdub without hitting the switch
several times. Sometimes the screen would turn into giberish after letting
loop run for a few minutes.

On Kim's advice, I took the EDP in for service and hope to get back a 100%
working EDP. I also sent the suspect memory along with the EDP to see if
that was possibly the issue. I hope to get it back soon ...