Re: Boomerang/EDP different layout

Dennis W. Leas wrote:

> I respectfully point out that this represents "guitar-centric" thinking.
> As a
> percussionist, I would find a floor based EDP to be extremely
>inconvenient.  I don't have
> a single "workstation" performance area where I can cluster stomp boxes.
> A highly
> attractive feature of the EDP, to me, is a centralized rack-mount unit
>with distributed
> footswitches.  Any keyboardists out there?

As a bit of everything (keys, drum kit, Guitar) I can say the Rack mount
w/separate floor unit is the way to go for me. I can always throw the
small single sapce unit somewhere in the gear for live shows and if I
want to mess with the basic fuctions I stomp on the pedal.

Quite frankly, I used the EDP exclusively in a rack live and have never
used the pedal when playing keys or making noise loops, live samples,
etc. I bought a pedal solely so I could use it while playing bass and
guitar and have only messed around with this a bit in the studio. I
guess that kinda confirms it's "Guitar Centric" uses (in my case anyway)

     HELP WANTED PRODUCTIONS - Http://www.voicenet.com/~legion
"Bringing you the best in Organic Electronic music since we started..."

Home of the Unusual Instrument and Recording Gallery with pictures and
info of Tube recorders, Omnichords, weird guitars, Casios, and more.