Re: Boomerang/EDP * TV in a rack

 I played bass in a band through a Vortex and a JamMan. When we finally
gigged I
needed a rack case. The only one around had a rack mount oscilliscope in
it and
three empty spaces. We played New Space Pop, so it was perfect.  I split
the stereo
out of the Vortex to the o-scope, which was set to X/Y,  the graphic
representation
of the stereo phase relationship, which makes just about anything look
real trippy.
But bass notes with stereo delay is where it's at on a 'scope. It was
*the* way to
get people to watch a bass player, or at least his stuff!

I started composing based on what looks nice, and it was pretty consistent
with
what sounds nice, though certain dissonances look much better than others.
The
engineer wanted his 'scope back, thus closing a very fun chapter in a book
of
composing systems that I hope to revisit someday.

-eric