RE: Koan -- what the heck is it?

KOAN is a software program.  It can be used by non-musicians and musicians
alike.  It provides hundreds of parameters each controlling some factor in
sound creation and that can each have multiple settings.  Users can also
set
parameter "ranges" rather than pick exact values -- this helps build-in
another element of randomness.  My understanding is this -- users create
music by setting up paramenters and letting the software take it from
there.

Each piece of music is unique.    Pieces can be set up so they will never
repeat the same way.

It can communicate and coordinate with various other midi-software tools.

That's about all I can tell you.

Except it's got me so interested I may have to buy a computer and a
midi-keyboard to see what it's all about!!!
David