Re: Suggestions, advice, help!

I think Brian Eno was dead on the shape of the immediate future when
somewhere
a few years ago ... ( Methinks it was Wired Magazine ) he mentioned his
concept of a having a little black box that would generate his musical
ideas
on its own with no input whatsoever coming from him.

According to my sketchy memory of what Eno said, this box would play out
possible scenarios based on a database and some type of algorhythms of his
thought processes that would approximate stuff he would most likely come up
with and could generate hybrids of other musicians possible output if
desired.

Imagine having a box that could output possibilities of say Hayden, Prince,
Miles Davis, or Zap Mamma either individually or combined together all at
once.

I can also see recod labels loving the concept a little too much as I can
certainly see a wide array of business avenues for such a thing ( Radio,
Muzak, Movies, Record & Tape Clubs, TV, Theater, Home, Work, etc). My
perspective is you can have software or some type of tool that has keys to
unlock different artists mindscapes, ya know ???

Theres no question there would be a demand for a box like what Eno wuz
thinkin.

Thats something that would be both negative and positive used to either
complement and or supplant recording musicians/music(s)/dj's.

Though its a very logical next step if you look at the changing nature of
how
people value or rather listen to and internalize music.

I don't know from a technical standpoint how reaalistic something of this
sort
would be but I really like the concept ( Its like having a clone ) and I
would
probably be engaged by a product that met the concept at least 65% of the
way
beyond say thr random genration of existing .wav files.

Regards,
JP