MIDI 'n Moraz

> From: David Myers <dmgraph@bway.net>
> Electricity LIVES.  It does not follow any arbitrary rules set by some
> organization of musical instrument manufacturers.  Tap into THAT, and
> you'll find some truly interesting avenues.  To me, Nicola Tesla's life
and
> work is a lot more interesting than, say, that of Patrick Moraz.

i'm VERY familiar with Tesla and his work, thank you. And Moraz's. And i
still can't see the relevance of comparing the work of two people in
'disparate' fields... i can't even see the merit in comparing the work of 2
musicians, most of the time...plus - i don't get the jump from MIDI to
Moraz - i think this proves my point - you seem to not like his music (as
least as much as you like Tesla's inventions..?!?!) - so somehow this is a
point against MIDI (our purported topic)

Most of Moraz's groundbreaking work was very pre-midi - the Yes and Refugee
albums, teh solo live inventions stuff - all analog and Non-Midi - are you
refeerring only to his post midi stuff?? the albums with broford which used
little or no midi either, and tons of good ol analog piano??

anyway - - YES - electricity lives, excellent point, but, TAA-DAH, MIDI is
electrical signals!!!

we're obviously on totally different wavelengths here. nice talking to ya,
though

andre'