Re: Is CoolEdit 96 freeware?

>In a message dated 8/18/98 4:56:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>sgoodman@earthlight.net writes:
>
><< You might - if you really think this is a 'cracked' program file, as
>opposed
> to just having had the reg code input - snitch to Syntrillium, and make
>some
> large points (if not a free copy of CoolEdit Pro!). >>
>
>But, that would be F*ed up...

Why?  I'm sure the folks at Syntrillium have families to feed.  If you
really like and regularaly use a piece of shareware, you should register it
so that the author continues to update it and maybe even make other cool
stuff.  I say that someone taking the time to crack someone's program and
make the cracked copy available is what is F'ed up.