RE: Home Studio

GRAIGORY2@aol.com [mailto:GRAIGORY2@aol.com] intoned:
Often mixers have a single switch - sometimes one for each channel, which
is
best - defining which kind of signal level to handle the input of.  My
mixer
alas only has one universal switch for all.  One way I reduced noise in
this
respect was to isolate the line level inputs from the mic level ones;
thereby keeping a mixer set to the correct level for all inputs.

In this way, before, I had my drum machine, guitar, microphone, and line
inputs from tapes and video combined on the same mixer, thus always
guaranteeing that SOME instrument was on the wrong input setting at all
times.  Now I have the line inputs being added via a EQ unit that allows me
to splice everything at the end into an all-line-level signal.  Now it's
frigging quiet, except for the standard substandard wiring in Los Angeles
apartments...  which, by the way, I always filter out in post. :)

Stephen GoodmanÊ *Ê It's The Loop Of The Week!
EarthLight StudiosÊ *Ê http://www.earthlight.net/Studios