RE: Home Studio

Get yourself some oxygen-free cabling - the thicker the better (I have to
admit, I'm not familiar with brands - I just go to a car Hi-fi store, and
buy lengths of the stuff).  If you buy large lengths of cabling, and cut it
yourself, it works out marginally cheaper than buying cabling kits.

If you do cut to length and find that you've left yourself short, don't tie
more cabling to the end of it - the more naked wire you have, the more
interference you pick up.  If you have to use phono jacks, don't use
solderless ones.  Although they're easier to attach to your cabling, the
connection isn't as good as a soldered one, and thus, you get marginal
degredations of sound quality.

I hope you get some improvement in your sound quality through this, believe
me, it helped a lot with my setup.

Steve Lauder