Re: collage (was:FNV-RIAA IS CRACKING DOWN)

Hi Kim , I think our little thread has gotten out of hand.  We are cutting
parts
of each others comments out of context and replying to them and missing
each others points. I realize now that I have misunderstood the things you
were saying and I know you certainly misunderstood me. At the end of this
I want to make a few things clear so that our "miscommunication" doesn`t
alter our perception of each other.

1. I did not spend 20 years trying to play like Jim Hall beacause I was
born 20 years ago.
2. I`m totally into sampling and my dream is actually affording one some
day.
3. I see nothing artistically wrong with sampling or cutting out audio
>from other people`s work.
4. 50 percent of the time I spend with my computer I spend "sampling" with
cubase,cool edit and Acid.

Thank you for an interesting debate , though I wish it could happen in
real-time to avoid misunderstandings.

Yours , Thomas

PS. Just got "Hard normal Daddy" (Squarepusher) and it`s awesome. That guy
is an inspiration.