Re: Gibson/Steinberger/Oberheim

At 06:33 AM 9/14/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Geez, and all the Steinie advertisements were nearly enticing me to buy
>one of those transtrem guitars.  Now I have second thoughts (especially
>since I found a handmade in the u.s.a. kinda guitar thingie before I was
>able to get to my local Steinie dealer).

I know this is off-topic, but it's on a subject close to the hearts of many
here - how will Steinberger's demise affect Klein, with their dependence on
Steinberger for trems and nuts?

Michael

Dr Michael Pycraft Hughes, University of Glasgow, Glasgow UK G12 8QQ
     "What can be done with fewer assumptions is done in vain
with more" - William of Occam (1285-1347) (now called Occam's Razor)
   www.elec.gla.ac.uk/~pycraft             pycraft@elec.gla.ac.uk