Subject: MIDI amp  channel switching
Author:  "T.W. Hartnett" <hartnett.t@apple.com> at INTERNET
Date:    9/16/98 12:19 PM

>Does anyone know if there is a device and or/interface that will
>control standard amp footswitching via midi,
>eg. I have no midi in on the amp just a footswitch jack.
>regards
>Rob

There are several devices which would do this.  The Rockman Octapus is a
half-rack unit which will control up to 8 switching functions (channels,
reverb, effects loop, whatever).  They've been discontinued, but often
show up on Harmony Central and the like for between $75 and $100.  I
believe Rocktron and Peavey made similiar units.

Travis Hartnett