Re: new LP of Loops

> >the 7" was repressed three times and is now sold out for the last time.
> >the webpage you refer to was not put up by RRR and is out of date.
> >
> >jason
>
> Three repressings!  Golly, must be a great product.

my mistake.  two repressings, three pressings total.

>  RRRon Lessard must have made a few bucks.

think about what you're saying.  ron made a few dollars?  is something
wrong
with making money?
what about the records ron has lost money on?

>  Too bad that no one who is ever involved with these "cool" projects ever
> sees a dime (ahem!).

this is a false statement.  the lock groove records are the exception to
the
rule.  many artists have released successful records thru ron's label.
think about it.  do people buy the lock-groove records for the artists
involved
or for the concept of a cool record?   nobody's made a record like that
before
or since.

>  Will admit that my track(literally) was only one revolution, but
>shouldn't
> somebody consider this?

(what is the name of yr groove?  i don't recall a david myers track.)  do
you
really think you deserved more than what you received?  how much should
each of
the hundred artists received?  how much effort did you put into recording
that
two second snippet of audio?  who bought the 7" because yr name is on it?

> But isn't there something wrong here?

no.

>  Musicians, are you valuing yourselves enough?  Shouldn't you get
> *something*, for chrissakes?

if you received two copies, you received one more copy than you deserved.
if
you wanted to make money with the record, you could've bought some from
ron at
wholesale cost and sold them yourself.  most of the artists i know are
simply
thrilled to be on the record and were very very happy to receive their
copy as
payment.

stop whining, you're making loopers look bad.

jason

ps., anybody out there want to buy a copy of the new and exciting RRR-500
lockgroove record?