Re: Recordings

bill frisell - gone just like a train...a little whacky looping here and
there
spanish fly - insert tongue here....david tronzo on slide gtr., tuba,
trumpet,
drums....extremely whacky and fun music. reminds me of henry threadgill at
times.
eno - apollo...still and kind of creepy at times. great guitar textures by
daniel lanois, who strikes me at times as a rootsy frisell.
mike watt - contemplating the engine room - great cd. totally engaging.
great
bass playing from watt and gtr from nels cline who throws in the odd loop
now
and again.
geraldine fibbers - butch...wow, hell hath no fury like a smart angry
female
singer. again nels cline plays everything perfectly and sneaks in the
clandestine noise loop here and there. any nels fans out there let me
know. i
would love to own more of his stuff.
=-) PJ