PDS 8000 vs. RDS 8000

Hi everybody,

Trying to decide between these two units, and I've never seen either one
in person:

PDS-8000 $150

RDS-8000 $125

The prices aren't that relevant, I'm wondering what all the features of
the Rack DS I might miss with the PedalDS. I like the convenience and
portability of pedals.

Also , how does sample quality compare between the two? I'm actually
interested in a lo-fi looping tool to feed scraps to my Boomerang and
JamMan. What happens on each when you record a 2 sec. piece and crank it
down to 8 sec, rate? Similar quality, or does is the PDS' architecture
more limiting in it's bandwidth.

Any other comments appreciated.

eric p