RE:OZ price for Echoplex.

Firstly there are two channels to go through to get an EDP to Australia.
Go through the single Gibson distributor, and pay $3000, no chance of
getting a good price on a one off.
Or try and ship one over myself.

The best price I have been able to get so far is from Bananas at large,
which is $755 for the EDP, pedal board and full RAM.

Add an extra $200 US for insured shipping.

The australian dollar when I checked last recently was at $0.55 US, so
that made 1:1.82

That makes the base price $1374, and shipping $364.

For Australian duties and tax the calculation goes:

Purchase price "lifted an extra %20 for tax and duty calculation" (It's
a legislation)
So that makes the amount tax is calculated on is 1374*1.2 = 1649.

Tax is %25.4, and duty is another %5 or %10.
So depending on how they calculate it, the price could be $620 extra.
That makes $1994, plus $364 shipping.
Which makes a grand total for this method $2358.

Somewhat cheaper than the "Proper channels" method, however, I would
invalidate any warranty or support claims by not going through the
Australian distributor.

It is unlikely that I could ever send the EDP back to the US to get it
repaired if something odd happened to it, so the risk is quite a bit
higher than a normal purchase.

If the exchange get's more favourable, I will get an EDP, but not at
$2400.

As for Mel Gibson