PC based looping software?

Is there any software available for the PC that could handle some of the
looping features of the EDP/Boomerang/etc.?  I'm not talking about
something like using cakewalk to record parts and then simply have it
loop continuously.  I'm interested in more of the interactive or delay
style options of feedback, overdub, etc.  I'm not worried about
performing live in venues with my PC, just at home for fun -- and the PC
definitely has the necessary hardware.  If it does turn into something
that I'll use live, then I'll break down and buy an EDP/'rang/Jamman
etc.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Greg