Re: stereo to mono

>I'm using SoundForge and have found that you can remove the mono elements
>of a stereo track...... leaving you mostly with stereo effects (inverting
>one channel and combing to mono)
>
>I would like to use this in reverse.
>
>Is there any way that you can remove the stereo elements leaving on the
>mono parts of a track? I've had no luck so far, and suspect it may be
>physically impossible.

I don't use SoundForge, but I take it you don't want to just add the two
channels. Why not perform the process above to get 'just the stereo stuff',
invert that, and then add it to the original? That is, why not subtract the
'stereo only' from the original to get the 'mono only' part? Hey, it's a
thought. . .

      Aden