Re: Procrastination

Todd and others,

>Suggestions?  Since I have 80+ megs of ram, could we possibly have
>one very LONG loop?  (i.e. instead of four one minute loops, how
>about one four minute loop?)

Version 1.1 (available now) now contains "Procrastination long" - one 4
minute delay line. 1.1 also adds input mutes. This is a start toward more
flexible audio routing.

>Or have some way of configuring the
>number of loops vs. time?

Dynamic memory allocation is planned.

>Tap tempo would be nice.

Believe it not, I've never used any hardware loopers. I'm assuming that you
want to set a delay line's total time in response to you tapping in a
tempo.

Please elaborate on what you would like this to do. (Private reply please -
let's not waste bandwidth).

>Also, some sort of time display that would let the looper know what
>position he or she is within the loop currently playing?

Also possible. I'll have to think about ways of doing this.

*********

To anyone interested in "Procrastination" let's move most of the discussion
off of this list. I will post a message here when updates are available.
Feature requests, bug reports, etc., should be sent directly to me.

Also, I found a different type of Max/MSP software looper available at
http://www.sirius.com/~ear/. Follow the software link.

Thanks,

Ken

For "Procrastination" and my Listening Room:
http://www.eclipse.net/~kmistove/