Re: The Story of our Age & New reading please

To follow up on the music and culture thread...

There's an article in the current issue of _Spin_ magazine (the one with
rock/rap band Korn wearing a bunch of gorilla suits [!] on the cover)
called "What the White Boy Means When He Says 'Yo!'" or something to
that effect.  It's a pretty in-depth analysis of the route hip-hop has
taken to becoming mainstream music in America, and takes a look at the
cultural and racial ramifications of its entry into white suburban
culture.  I haven't read all of it yet but it looks very promising for
those interested in following up on this issue.  Also in the same
magazine is a review of a current book on the same subject; I believe
the title is "Hip-hop America" or something along those lines.

--Andre