Re: Lack of Humor, netiquette

At 02:40 PM 11/4/98 -0500, you wrote:
>OK, this one passes the laugh test, it gets forwarded...

ha, ha. ok my usual bad temperment has returned. Please, no matter how
amusing you think something like this is, don't forward it to an entire
mailing list! Pretty much everyone with an email account has already seen
it, we don't need to see it again. People join mailing lists for a specific
topic, let's try to respect that.

Here is a link to the "discussion groups" section on one of the more
definitive guides to netiquette. Now might be a good time to re-read it:

http://www.fau.edu/netiquette/net/dis.html

And before you reply with the predictable "but I thought it was funny,"
please consider this quote from the above noted guide:

"When someone posts an off-subject note, and someone else criticizes that
posting, you should NOT submit a gratuitous note saying 'well, I liked it
and lots of people probably did as well and you guys ought to lighten up
and
not tell us to stick to the subject'."

thanks,
kim
Kim Flint, MTS                 408-752-9284
Chromatic Research             kflint@chromatic.com
http://www.chromatic.com