New OS for EDP?

I noticed that Kim has dropped a couple of hints that there may be a new
OS for the EDP on the horizon - I believe it had something to do with
presets. Maybe we can hear more about this  - any informers out there?

I was wondering if there was any possibility of introducing a
"half-speed" playback option or some other modulation source into the
existing EDP.
I'm not a technical/engineering  type so I really don't have a clue of
what the reality of this could be but I figured that I'd ask...

john