Discipline & DAP

Hey Looper's,

Just wanted to inform any DC/Balto local of a show at Phantasmagoria this
weekend. List memeber Adam Levin's Dark Aether Project will be opening for
Discipline.

Discipline is from Michigan and a real shining star in the prog revival. If
you have not heard Discipline before, don'tmiss this opportunity. Their
1997 release _Unfolded Like Staircase_ was one of my top picks for the year
and as good as it is, it pales in comparison to their live performance.
Their music is dark and brooding, full of emotion. Great organ and piano
work, lots of twists and turns.
Mood-wise think of Peter Hammill and Van der Graaf Generator. I opened for
this group in Baltimore two years ago and they were hot!

Most of you know the lowdown on the Dark Aether Project, so I won't spend a
lot of bandwidth on them. Stick player Aaam Levin is always certain to pull
a few amazing loops out of his rig during each set.

The venue is
Phantasmagoria in Wheaton MD which is just off of the Washington DC
beltway on the north side. It's a very nice hall which has a capacity of
400 with tables around the room and a dance floor area (where we expect
folks to boogie down!) in front of the stage. They serve homemade tex-mex
food (including veggie friendly stuff)  and a wide variety of microbrews
on tap. It's an all ages venue. Needless to say if you're under 21, no
drinking! Smokers have their own smoking lounge since it's not allowed in
the main room. Phantasmagoria also has a record store, thus they're open
all day long.  Showtime is 9pm. Admission is $10

Directions to Phantasmagoria:
Take Washington DC Beltway (495) toward Silver Spring.
Exit at Rt 97 (Georgia Ave) North towards Wheaton
Go 2-3 miles on Georgia, keeping to the right
Turn right on University Blvd (after Safeway)
Take first right onto Elkin.
Phantasmagoria is on the left at 11319

I hope to see some of you there.

Patrick

Now Available:
                      FingerPaint Primary Colors: BLUE

            "can be edgy and intense as well as relaxing...." FAQT

Shockwave audio featuring our newest release Primary Colors:Blue

                            www.fingerpaint.net