tap tempo drum machines

does anyone use a tap tempo drum machine with their rig. I use a boss dr
660 to slave my 2 jammen but then my band is restiricted to jamming
within a certian time from the beginning, i would like to be able to set
the clock in mid jam by tapping a drum machine just as i would a jamman
but be in exact clock. this would allow for the perfect hybrid of
traditional band jams (preferred by most) and the looping jams
(preferred by folks like us)