Re: The Next Step(?)

"ur eye" wrote:

Hi folks, Well, I find myself thinking about my loops the next day. I
think that means that I am ready to look for a sampling device. I'm
going to try Cool edit for now but I would like to know what others are
using in terms of samplers and/or software. Maybe a post-party listing
of what you all are presently using would be of interest to others as
well.
=========

As samplers go I think Akai are easy to use and used ones are getting
cheaper and cheaper. For sound editing/processing software (for the Mac), I
really recommend SoundMaker, which is cheap and has a huge number of very
good plugins. It's in a slightly complicated phase right now because it is
in transition to become a new version of an old program called
SoundEffects. I won't confuse you with more details here, except to
introduce some sites with plenty of info on these programs and their
plugins:

http://www.micromat.com/micromat/soundmaker/soundmaker.html
(the site for the soon-to be defunct SoundMaker)

http://www.riccisoft.com/soundeffects/
(the site for the soon-to be reborn SoundMaker)

http://members.tripod.com/~alex_yermakov
(SoundFront plugins)

http://www.kagi.com/mnorris/soundmagic
(SoundMagic plugins)