Re: Enough Already!! . . . "good" avant-garde music

> speaking of which.... Mike Keneally, great guitarist/keyboardist.. will
>be
> doing an 'avant-garde' CD and performance with a small group incl. Henry

As I understand it, the SF/Oakland/Berkeley/etc/ Bay area in CA has a
very healthy avante-garde scene.  That's where Kaiser lives and plays...

> Kaiser... sometime soon in Berkeley CA.. he's also playing keys in a
>Steely
> Dan cover band ...check his site for info at http://www.moosenet.com

The Steely Damned is a cover band made up of SD musicians.  They pride
themselves in reproducing the songs "just like the record" but give
lead guitarist Hank Easton plenty of free reign to improvise his own
solos.  When I saw them play, Easton mostly used a 335 so he got that
Larry Carlton tone that fit very well with the band.  Keneally did most
of the arranging for the horns and backup vocals.

I'd like to see Mike sit in with the Steely Damned, but avante-guitarist
GE Stinson and drummer Alex Cline are scheduled for an improv gig at
Spruce Street Forum that same night.

Paolo